Archive for category Tools and Solutions
Hey guys, today I come up with an issue about UML Modeling.
As you already known, Rational Rose – a famous product of IBM- is the most popular, powerful and widely used tool to generate UML diagrams. Rational Rose is professional, of course, but it is quite expensive. Hence, the only one reason that every people has to take into account when intending to use is it is not a free tool. The comfortable and the cost have to be assessed and compared very carefully, especially in business market.
I have tried some free UML Modeling tools (e.x. ArgoUML, StartUML, DynamicDraw, UMLet), but none of them made me enjoy using it. But it is not the case of Rational Modeler, a free UML Modeling tool also provided by IBM. Be sure that this one is not as powerful as Rational Rose, but I think Rational Modeler can fulfill your needs ( I am not talking about people who have to use specific features of Rational Rose (e.x. code generation) which are surely not provided in this free version).
Here, let’s check some main features of Rational Modeler (source from IBM):
- Boosting productivity and shortening design cycles with visual design environment
- Assisting in documenting design with push button documentation
- Managing design complexity challenges within a standardized UML 2.1 environment
- Communicating design intent through a common graphical language
- Offering a model-aware design environment that provides diagrams to form a unified model, guiding and enabling the creation of complete and correct applications
- Featuring a customizable design environment that allows users to target their domain using domain specific terminology and notations
- Providing an easily accessed knowledge base and user forums to all users via the Web
- Providing team collaboration and customer support with upgrade to corporate edition with integration with configuration management tools such as Rational Clearcase and Rational Synergy
- Migration is easily with an upgrade to the IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® model-driven development environment, so you can get obtain simulation, complete application code generation, and collaborative design benefits
You can download IBM UML Modeler from here.
You can have a look of numbers of categorized UML tools here.
Hope this helps.
It’s been days since the last time I visited this blog.
So what did I do?
I have spent an exciting trip to DaNang. This famous province is located in the middle of Vietnam. This place is very famous in tourist because it has lots of mountain, a long-beautiful-clean coast, etc. Actually, DaNang is the hometown of my parents.
May be you guys are wondering: what is the relationship between an exciting trip and using laptop as an wireless router?
Everything has its own cause. I have an Ipod4, and of course it needs WiFi to connect to the internet. But some places in DaNang, its really difficult to reach to the WiFi for the usage of my Ipod4.
After asking my well-known teacher, Google, I found the solution. It calls “Using laptop as an wireless router”. Its quite easy, I think. Just follow some steps and you can enjoy connecting to the world through your wireless-needed device.
Here is the steps (for Win XP only cause I am using one with XP):
1. Go to Network Connections, right click on Wireless Network Connections and choose Properties.
2. On the Properties window of Wireless Network Connections, choose Wireless Networks tag. Click Advance button and check on “Computer-to-computer (Adhoc)” and close.
3. Also on the Properties window of Wireless Network Connections, click Add button and a new window pop-up. Input a name for your wireless network. Then, uncheck on “The key provide for me automatic” to set your own password for this adhoc network.
Next, set the value for “Network authentication” is Open and WEP for “Data Encryption”. Finally, input the password (5 or 13 characters) twice before click OK button to finish this step.
4. Go to Network Connection again, right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.
In Advance tag, check on “Allow other networks users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” and click OK.
5. Browse for the wireless network through your device. Choose the just created wireless network, input the password and enjoy.
It’s quite easy, right?
Hope this helps and enjoy it.
Last month (Jan 2011), I came back to Vietnam to spend Lunar New Year vacation with my family. Before leaving Korea, I carefully set up a new-long-unguessable password for my personal laptop account (cause I did not take it with me to Vietnam).
After coming back, I accidentially forgot that password.
Eating to much Vietnamese traditional foods mays decrease my memory :) lols
I googled and found some ways to get my password back.
1. Think over and try to dig it from your memory. This method did not work ’cause of my bad memory.
2. Start windows normally, and press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at login screen. Another small window appears. Type ‘Administrator” in the username area and leave the password area blank, then press OK button. They (people on the internet) said that whenever you install Windows OS, an Administrator account will be created without any password for login. If you follow this step, you can log in as an Admin and reset other users’ password then. It sounds great but it did not work in my case.
3. Try to reinstall Windows OS. This method will delete all existing data on your Windows installed partition. Maybe noone want to be in this situation, so try 4th method (below) before killing yourself like that.
4. Download a Windows Password Recovery software, burn it to a bootable CD. Boot your computer and it will recover-reset… your Windows password. I googled again and found some good-free softwares such as: OphCrack, PC Login Now, ….
In my case, I used PC Login Now ’cause it can reset longer password’s characters than others (15 characters). I downloaded an iso file of PC Longin Now. Burn it into a CD and boot my laptop. PC Login Now will run automatically and you can easily follow steps to reset your account password. After reseting the password of an user, you can log in to that user account without any password.
The GUI of PC Login Now is very familiar, just follow the clearly instructions and get your goals.
Hope this help.